Friday, December 7, 2012

Being Thankful


This past Thanksgiving, we spent the holiday with Zach's entire family in Oklahoma and I was late. What? Wait? Late? It is just one day, calm down Kristin. It is probably just because my cycle is off due to my chemical pregnancy. Yeah, let's not go to crazy town. That is what it is.

We drove up to see the family on Wednesday. The ride was interesting. Do know how bad parts of Oklahoma smell? I do. Everything smelled. Cows, fresh cut grass, gas stations. Weird, Zach was never as bothered as I was by these horrid smells. One thing that smelled delicious? Thanksgiving. Everything about it was amazing. 12 adults, 3 kids and 5 dogs. There truly is no better way to spend holidays than all together. I hope my parents can make it down one of these years.

We spent time outside with the little ladies of my cousin's family. Kickball, dance parties and Moscow Mules. Have you had these? Amazing. What wasn't amazing... heartburn. I get it from time to time, but damn! It seemed like everything I put in my mouth caused it. That is ok, I will just sleep it off. Did I mention that I was so tired? But who isn't tired during Thanksgiving? It is the tryptofan, right? Hmmm...

As each day of our stay crept by, I added another day of being late. Each time I went to the bathroom, I was afraid to look down. Each time, there was nothing to see. I was popping pre-natals like crazy in the secret of our guest room. Everyday I would update Zach and he would just say... no testing. Let's wait until we get home.

Sunday evening, we got home. It was late that night, and against the insructions of one the final pregnancy test that I had, I tested. The same excruciating wait, two minutes. This was a digital one. Supposed to be better than the line... So I waited. Times up. I removed the paper that was covering the screen slowly. As I pulled it off sliding it from left to right). I read the word pregnant. Expecting to see the word "Not" at the front, I removed the paper completely. There was no "Not". THERE WAS NO NOT.  I immediately used that last test. There was no hesitation, there was a dark pink line that was clearly darker than the control line.

I walked out of the bathroom, holding both and turned to Zach.
Here we go again.




No comments:

Post a Comment