Saturday, December 29, 2012

Merry Christmas

Our plans for the trip back home to Cincinnati were coming along and we were getting very excited. Even though we are going to be under the 12 week mark, we had decided to tell our parents. Both Zach's parents and mine will all be together so we thought this might be the best time to tell them. But how would we do it? I wanted to do something creative, and Zach is a genius.

First on our trip, we stopped at my sister-in-laws house in Indy. We didn't have a creative way to tell her, but we were about to burst, so we just did it. We cornered her in the guest room and showed her the sonogram. She was so excited and helped us devise a plan to cover up until we could tell the parents. What is most funny, is apparently the day before my mother-in-law cornered Katie and said that she thought I might be pregnant. She apparently had noticed that I didn't have a drink a week or so back. So that must mean I am pregnant... and an alcoholic. ;)  Enter protective sister. She immediately ran to the grocery store and bought some grape juice. She made sure my wine glass was always full. My mother-in-law practically threw a fit when she saw me drinking it. Ha! We fooled her.

Luckily (no not really) my dog got injured and took much of the attention off of us. He was ok, but decided he wanted some attention and slice his neck open. Poor Jackson.

Onward to Cincy!
Seeing my parents was great. We had such a good time. They even had some long neck bottle koozies. Perfect. No one knew I was drinking water.

Then the time came. Since Zach's parents were leaving right after opening presents on Christmas morning, we had the dads open a gift on Christmas Eve so they could enjoy it. They had a tradition of drinking scotch and smoking cigars, so that is what they got. The dads opened their gifts at the same time. First they saw the scotch and immediately started drooling. Then they noticed the cigars. My dad was elated and wanted to smell it. He unscrewed the top and out fell something that wasn't a cigar. It took them a moment to compute what had just happened. Then they realized they were holding pregnancy tests. The room erupted. What a fun moment. We were so blessed to be able to share the news with our family together.


We told Zach's side of the family the following weekend when they were all in town for our Christmas together. They found out the same say they did when we got engaged. They watched a video of the dads finding out. My cousin Heather about died. We all cried. What a happy time in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Just now reading this blog..how did I not know about this. And I just teared up. Now, I have to finish catching up on the blog..more comments to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started it last weekend... just back dated everything. I emailed it to you and everyone. It may have been your old email address. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete