Saturday, December 15, 2012

Excuses

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a terrible liar. Keeping something this big to myself is nearly impossible. The holidays aren't exactly the easiest time to not drink and celebrate with friends either. The entire month of December was difficult. Not only because I couldn't drink, but also how to hide the fact that you aren't drinking from your friends. I like to have a drink or two. Everyone knows this. So, when was spotted with a beer (emptied and filled with water) and a water bottle I was greeted with a comment from my buddy Zach, "Is that a phantom beer?". How the hell did he know?!?! No, it is a real beer, and took a big swig. Yeah, that will tell him. It was downhill from there. Ugly sweater party. I was DD. Birthday party for friend, we had to hijack the waitress and have her bring me non-alcoholic drinks when we ordered full throttle. Who knew that the hardest part of this whole thing would be the not telling...

Work was another story. Between my chemical pregnancy doctor appointments and the pregnant ones, I had more excuses than the ocean has fish. Physical (this one was close), fence repair, roof repair, picking people up at the airport. I probably didn't need to make all the excuses so complex, but I was not really thinking straight.

I could not wait until I hit 12 weeks and this could all be explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment