Saturday, December 8, 2012

Confirmation

The second the Doctor's office opened, my fingers were dialing. I was able to get into the office that week. The excuses were starting to pile up at work. Roof repairs, physical, picking someone up at the airport. I am a terrible liar. But more on this later. More blood was taken and more waiting. The next day I got the call and words I was hoping for. "You are definitely pregnant". So now what? What do I do?

I came in for another visit (more excuses) and was given good prenatals, a lot of information and the confidence that I was craving. Now, decisions... how and when do we tell people? I am in the camp of the 12 week mark. Especially give my last month, I was not ready to tell anyone. I was so freaked out. Early on, there is no way to really know or feel that you are pregnant other than the fact that the tests keep coming out positive. I could feel my heartbeat all the time, so I tended to use that as my barometer that everything was ok. That and the monthly visits to the doctor. Wait? I don't get to go that often?

I was about 5 weeks along when we had our first sonogram. We thought we were about 8 weeks and might be able to see a heartbeat. We were disappointed that the timing was off and that our baby was still a yolk sac. Enter the crazy brain. Why weren't they a baby yet? Why am I behind? Is everything ok?  Well, there isn't much they can tell you other than you are not as far along as you thought you were. We would have to wait a few more weeks and come back.

That was a long 3 weeks. We came back in and had a baby. They looked more like a tadpole, but it was a baby. Heart beat and all. It was real. Please God, let this stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment