Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Real Countdown Begins

30 weeks and counting. 10 weeks to go. This is insane. How on earth are we going to do this?

We had our hospital tour the other day and that made everything all too real. I saw the room that I will deliver in, and how the bed breaks apart to allow for pushing. Pushing... wait, what? This baby actually has to come out?  I don't want to think about that. At all.

We had that talk at the doctors office. And I don't mean to upset anyone, but I plan on having an epidural. There, I said it. I have no interest in trying to prove anything by not taking advantage of medical advancements. My doctor reassured me that there is really no risk associated with it and that she fully supported my decision. Of course, if things don't happen that way, then I will deal with it. I know that I am a strong person and I can manage in any situation. I just don't feel the need to go through all that pain if I don't have to.

We are still planning on the August 5 due date. If things have not progressed on their own by then, I will be admitted on the 5th and have her on the 6th. So strange to think about it. Each time I am there, she asks me how things have been going. i really cannot complain one bit about pregnancy. Sure there are some very rough nights when I might strangle a kitten for a solid night's sleep, or to not have restless legs. And the heartburn is back WITH A VENGENCE. But overall, I am so lucky to not be going through what I read about online. My doctor said that she can usually tell if a mom will want her baby out a week early by how she is at her 32 week visit. That is just next week. I can't imagine being miserable in that much time, but what do I know. I am doing this for the first time. What I don't want to imagine is how hot it is going to be come August. It was 90 today. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment