Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Green Light

My husband, Zach,  and I have been married almost 8 years now. High school sweethearts. Awww, I know. Married out of college. Move to Dallas to start our new life. Wow. Where the hell has the time gone? We have had a great life so far. Sure, we had our ups and downs, but what honest couple hasn't? Not everything was a fairytale, but I have to say that I could not imagine spending my life with anyone else. Honestly, I think we are the only people that could deal with each other.

My husband has known that I have wanted to have a baby forever. Let's just say that I am a planner, my life plan was such that, at this age, I would have a 10 year old and a 6 year old. Thinking about that now, I can't even fathom how different my life would be if that "life plan" had come true. After settling into our new home in Dallas, there were parts of our life we weren't ready to give up yet. That freedom that everyone speaks of. We decided that it was ok to be selfish for a while and start our lives in our new home.

Fast forward 7 year, clock is ticking. Poor Zach, poor poor Zach. While I didn't talk about it all the time, I NEEDED a baby. The subject was not one that I ever seemed to feel confident talking about because I knew that he wasn't there yet, or at least he thought he wasn't. And that was ok. I wanted this to be a decision that we made together, not one that I pressured him into.  One afternoon, somewhat out of nowhere, the topic came up. And for once, it was not an emotional drama filled conversation (read: I am crazy). It was a very calm conversation. He said that it was ok that I go off the pill. What?!??! Say that again... ok, calm down. "If it happens, it happens". Breathe Kristin, Breathe. "The only thing i don't want is a summer baby."

Ok... this just happened. We are going to have a baby. Can we get started?



No comments:

Post a Comment